Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I found this recipe on line years ago, and have slightly adapted it. I get rave reviews whenever I make it. I like to put the zucchini in the food processor rather than chopping it up. I think it makes the bread even more moist. I have found this bread to be so moist that I like to line the pans with parchment paper after I grease them. I make a little "hammock", so I can just pull out the loaf when it has cooled. You can also make them in lined muffin tins. Bake time will go down to about 20-25 minutes. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil or 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to sugar/oil/egg mixture to moisten.
- Fold in zucchini.
- Divide mixture into 2 greased(and/or lined) loaf pans.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until knife comes clean from center.
- Cool and enjoy!
Yum! I also liked the fact that this recipe had a little brown sugar and also that it just had cinnamon and not nutmeg (too many spices can bother my stomach and give me hearburn). Gave some to my son's 13 yr old friends, but did not tell them the name of it, just said I was giving them a snack. Later on, they told my son how much they liked it and asked what it was.
The best zucchini bread I have ever tasted! In fact I have adapted my banana bread recipe to include brown sugar after tasting this wonderful version.