Recipe by Wolf It Down
I add pineapple to the zucchini bread, which makes this bread very moist.Glazed with a pineapple glaze, it can be served as a dessert as well as a tea bread.
Top Review by lorissa.grant
This recipe makes for a tasty, moist bread. I added walnuts and about double cinnamon (no nutmeg on hand) because I love the flavor/spicyness. The pineapple gives nice texture...you wouldn't know it's in it. I made 1 loaf and 11 large muffins from the recipe. I would use the recipe again with the changes I made - may try adding some coconut.
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained reserve juice for glaze (optional)
- 2 cups zucchini
- 3 1⁄3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reserved pineapple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil and sugar. Beat hard with a whisk until light colored and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the eggs and the vanilla extract and beat again until well combined.
- Fold in the grated zucchini and the crushed pineapple and stir until evenly distributed.
- Combine the unbleached flour,baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add to the zucchini egg mixture and stir gently till combine.
- Scrape the batter into two 9-by-5-inch greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 60 to 75 minutes. A cake tester inserted into each center will come out clean.let stand 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pineapple glaze: Combine the sugar and pineapple juice in a small saucepan place over low heat just until the sugar dissolves.
- .Set aside. Immediately brush over warm loaves.
- Cool 30 minutes in pan before turning out to wire rack.