Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
My zucchini plants always seem to be on steroids and this year is no exception. I never have a problem sharing this bread with our friends and neighbors.
- 2 cups Bisquick or 2 cups low-fat biscuit mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini, drained and patted dry
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, i use cannola oil
- 3 eggs or 3 egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease bottom of loaf pan 9x5x3, I use Pam.
- Beat all ingredients at low speed for 30 seconds, scraping constantly.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping constantly for 1 minute.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and store in refrigerator.
Made this today and it turned out so wonderful. Thanks Manda :)
Good, but I think I would leave out the nutmeg next time, there is too much spice. Also my batter was really dry so I didn't drain the zucchini and added a 1/2 cup of water.