Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been reworking the standard zucchini bread recipe and I think I've finally perfected it.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium zucchinis)
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained well (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, and vanilla extract well, till thickened and lemony in appearance.
- Stir in the zucchini and pineapple (if desired).
- Stir the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the nuts (if desired).
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour.