Recipe by mielhollinger
This sweet, summer squash loaf makes an equally good impression as a light, healthy snack or a sensible dessert. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- 354.88 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- egg substitute (to equal 1 egg)
- 118.29 ml artificial sweetener
- 78.07 ml oil
- 4.92 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml zucchini, grated
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 59.14 ml water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the egg replacer, sweetener, oil, vinegar, and vanilla, and mix.
- Stir in the zucchini, raisins, and nuts and mix together gently until just mixed.
- Add a little water if the dough seems too dry.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly oiled loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.