Recipe by mielhollinger
This sweet, summer squash loaf makes an equally good impression as a light, healthy snack or a sensible dessert. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- egg substitute (to equal 1 egg)
- 1⁄2 cup artificial sweetener
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the egg replacer, sweetener, oil, vinegar, and vanilla, and mix.
- Stir in the zucchini, raisins, and nuts and mix together gently until just mixed.
- Add a little water if the dough seems too dry.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly oiled loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.