Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe in a book but I didn't want the usual cinnamon spice that was in most recipes you see, so I substituted fresh lemon rind, yummy! Makes for a refreshing zucchini bread from the norm. It's great straight out of the freezer and slices very easily. My son won't touch zucchini except for this bread.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil, of your choice
- 2 medium zucchini, washed and shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat eggs lightly in large bowl, stir in sugar, oil, zucchini, lemon rind and vanilla.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
- Stir in pecans. Spoon batter into well greased loaf pans, batter will be thick.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until toothpick or cake tested inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pans for 10 minutes on wire rack, then remove from loaf pans and cool thoroughly.
- ***Once cooled,wrap in plastic wrap, and then foil. Refrigerate or freeze. Slice and eat after the bread has sat overnight or a good amount of time.