Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great bread for when all of your gardens are overflowing with zucchini this summer. Freezes well for winter months also.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup corn oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Beat eggs until light and foamy.
- Add oil, sugar, grated zucchini and vanilla.
- Mix lightly but well, then add the flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Mix till blended well.
- Divide batter into 2 well greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
- Raisins or nuts may be added.
I made half the recipe. Instead of using 1 1/2 egg, I used 1 large egg with a little bit of applesauce. Also for the 1/2 cup oil, I used 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup applesauce. I used half the sugar and it was perfect. Thanks Sheila :) Made for PAC Spring 2012