Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dish was titled 'zucchini bread' by my father who thinks Pavarotti is pronounced Pravalatti. I'm no professional but I think 5 eggs to one cup of flower makes this a fritatta or some other egg thing. Regardless, it tastes great!
- 3 cups thinly sliced and quartered zucchini (remove seeds if using larger zucchini.)
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup finely diced vidalia onion
- 1⁄2 cup oil (I used 1/4 cup Extra Virgin, and 1/4 cup pure soy)
- 5 ounces shaved asiago cheese
- 3 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh sweet basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 large eggs
- Slice zucchini and lightly salt. allow to sweat covered over night, or at for at least a few hours especially if it's a good hot day.).
- Remove seeds, quarter zucchini and place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the flour and egss and stir/toss.
- Add flour and stir/toss.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat eggs 20-30 times with a fork.
- Gently incorporate eggs into mixture.
- Pour mixture into a lightly buttered/greased 9x12 metal pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes in a preheated 300°F oven (only open the oven once after putting the pan inches open after about 45 minutes to gauge remaining time- dish should be nicely browned on top with formed edges).