Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law when we got married 12 years ago. I am required to make this at least once per year.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups grated raw zucchini (wash, cut ends off and grate, skin on)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Beat eggs until light and foamy. Add sugar, oil, zucchini, and vanilla. Mix lightly but well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to zucchini mixture.
- Stir well.
- Divide between 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Mini-loaves 15 - 17 minutes.
- Cool in the pans.
- Substitutions - 1) Use Splenda or similar sugar substitute for the Sugar. 2)1 cup applesauce for the cup of oil. 3)Flour can be divided 1-1/2 cups all-purpose and 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour. 4)Use 2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp nutmeg for 3 tsp of cinnamon.