Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light, July 2005.
Make and share this Zucchini Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through baking soda) in a large bowl.
- Combine egg substitute and next 4 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, stirring until combined.
- Add zucchini; stir until well combined.
- Add flour mixture; stir just until combined.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly between 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack; remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
This was very tasty, but it doesn't really come out as bread. It's more of a cake. The dough didn't rise at all so I had two 1-inch "loaves". They were good and a nice way to use up zucchini, but I'll probably try another recipe next time.
Delicious! We made mini muffins and regular size, they were both terrific. Thanks!