1/1 Photo of Zucchini Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Toby Jermain's Note:
My ex-wife found the original version or this recipe in some magazine about 25 years ago, and I have always loved it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup peanut oil or 1 cup canola oil
- 3 cups raw zucchini, grated and squeezed between paper towels to remove moisture (measure after squeezing)
- 1 carrot, finely grated,for a little color contrast (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1Grease two 5"x9" baking pans; line bottom with greased waxed paper, flour lightly, and set aside.
- 2Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- 3Add sugar, zucchini, and carrot, and mix well.
- 4Add remaining ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
- 5Pour into greased baking pans, each half full.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-60 minutes, probably closer to the 60 minute range.
- 7Let cool in baking pan for five minutes before turning out onto wire rack.
- 8Cool on rack before wrapping.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Bread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.3
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 278.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g