Recipe by E.A.
This is from Cooking Light Magazine. Use a melon baller to make quick work of hollowing out the zucchini halves.
Top Review by *Z*
Easy to do, even with my scatter-brained planning. LOL!!It's a nice change from ordinary zucchini. I used yellow squash instead of regular zucchini. I even got DD#2 (who hates squash) to eat it! I think next time I will add some garlic for a little extra zip.
- 6 small zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise, scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Reserve pulp for another use.
- Arrange zucchini shells single layer in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine basil and next 7 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
- Divide mixture evenly among shells, pressing gently.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender.