Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
- Soak the zucchini in cold water for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse well under cold running water.
- Drop the zucchini into boiling salted water.
- The moment the water returns to a boil, drain the zucchini, removing them gently from the pot.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Trim the ends off, cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, using a narrow-bladed tool, scoop out the insides, taking care not to puncture the skin.
- Leave a wall about 1/4 inch thick Turn on the oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse the shrimp in cold water, shell them, and remove the dark vein from each.
- Chop them into pieces not bigger than a large pea.
- Put the chopped shrimp in a bowl together with 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs, the garlic, parsley, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt, and grindings of pepper.
- Separate the eggs, set aside the white, and add the yolk to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Choose a shallow baking pan that can accommodate all the zucchini in a single layer.
- Grease the bottom of the pan lightly with olive oil and place the zucchini on it cut side up.
- Sprinkle them lightly with salt.
- Beat the egg white lightly and brush the insides of the zucchini with it.
- Stuff the zucchini with the shrimp mixture.
- heaping them full enough, if possible, to form a slight mound.
- Sprinkle the top of each boat with the remaining bread crumbs and pour the remaining olive oil over in a thin stream.
- Place the boats in the uppermost level of the over for 6 to 7 minutes, until the top forms a light, pale golden crust.
- Serve when lukewarm.
Wow, Thanks for sharing. Very easy and fulfilling. I also used the Italian bread crumbs only because it is what I had sitting around forever. I used pre-shelled/cooked popcorn shrimp also only because IJ had them already. Turned out great
This recipe was excellent. The zucchini boats were a hit with my entire family and very easy to prepare. I used Italian bread crumbs instead of plain(too lazy to grocery shop) and they worked well.What a quick and healthy dinner!