Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Broiled Baby Zucchini Boats
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 4 small about 6-inch long zucchini or 4 small summer squash, Halved Lengthwise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat broiler.
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet (with ovenproof handles), set over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook 10 seconds, or until golden; do not let brown or flavor will be bitter.
- Arrange zucchini halves "cut" side down in skillet.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Increase heat to medium and cook 8 minutes, or until caramelized on cut surface and just tender.
- Turn zucchini over; sprinkle cut sides with cheese and cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer skillet to broiler; broil until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 3 minutes.