Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Moist and extremely healthy muffins!
Make and share this Zucchini-Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1/2 of one large zucchini)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar, plus
- 1⁄8 cup white sugar
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease a muffin pan with pam.
- Combine zucchini, applesauce, oats, flours, egg, sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl (use a spatula to mix, it will make things easier).
- Let this mixture sit for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Fold this into the first mixture.
- Stir in blueberries and add a dash of vanilla.
- Scoop the batter into muffin pan and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- *You can also double the recipe and still make only twelve, to make larger, heartier muffins.