Recipe by jennyblender
This was stolen directly from Readyseteat.com. Our family really enjoyed it and I loved how easy, inexpensive and healthy it was. I use instant brown rice (and just cook it a little longer) and vegi stock in place of the water. Feel free to add sour cream, avocado, jalepenos or whatever floats your boat!
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
We enjoyed this for dinner tonight. It is very healthy and easy to make. I followed the recipe as stated except for using brown rice as you suggested. I think it could have used a little more seasoning, but otherwise it was good. The directions for cutting the zucchini confused me a bit, so I quartered it lengthwise, then sliced. But you could quarter it, then slice lengthwise. Thanks for a quick meal! I made for PAC Fall 2012.
- 1 tablespoon pure wesson canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups quartered quartered lengthwise sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.