Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
I don't remember where this recipe came from, but we've enjoyed it for years. I like to let the cheese get golden brown on top. Can be used as a side dish or appetizer. (cooking time may vary).
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick
- 2 ounces margarine
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded or sliced)
- Preheat oven broiler or toaster oven broiler.
- Arrange zucchini slices on cookie sheet.
- Spread each with a little soft margarine.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, to taste.
- Top with shredded or sliced mozzarella.
- Place in broiler and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
I really loved these little bites. The garlic powder to me was the key. I had only 2 for dinner so just used 2 zucchini, will make this again.
These were fantastic, great taste, really easy and quick to make and would be a great little party food!
These were great---cute little appys with NO BREAD. What a nice, easy idea! Thanks for posting!