Recipe by DailyInspiration
Recipe is from the Appetizers from A - Z cookbook. This is a chilled soup; although I am quite sure you could serve it warm if desired. You can substitute low fat sour cream and cream cheese. Prep time does not include "chill" time in refrigerator.
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Combine half each of zucchini mixture, cream cheese, and sour cream in an electric blender; process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Repeat procedure with remaining zucchini mixture, cream cheese and sour cream.
- Combine pureed mixture, salt, pepper, and dill weed in a large bowl. Cover and chill.