Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice garden fresh taste...easy...you can double the recipe and even freeze it!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, celery, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat in no longer pink and vegetables are tender;drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, water, bouillon, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
I just made this and it is awesome!! Perfect for a chilly rainy day, which it is. I didn't have any celery or peppers on hand so I used carrots and frozen peas. Tastes amazing!!! I also added an extra cup of water and a bit more beef buillion granules. I am now working on my second bowl and my picky 2 year-old daughter keeps asking for "More please!!" Thanks for a great recipe!
This was very good. I enjoyed the zucchini and beef flavors together. I left out the cheese and I added 1 more cup of water, because I wanted it to be a little more soupy. Thanks for the recipe!