Recipe by sherryinmo
I am adding another zucchini recipe from the past. I have long forgotten exactly where it came from. Actual prep time will depend on how much time you spend shredding your cheese. Save money and shred you own. Save time and buy it already shredded.
Top Review by karen in tbay
Great dish - my coworkers wanted to steal my supper away and devour it themselves. I used 3 cups diced tomatoes canned, used instant brown rice, mozz for the monteryey and asiago for the 2nd amt of 1/2 cup of chdr chz. My sour cream was bad so subbed in plain yogurt. I didn't cook my zucchini as per recipe but decided a few mins in microwave to soften up and could have cooked it more but a bit of crunchy zuke was okay in the dish. Recipe didn't say how long to cook at 350 so I did it for 35 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (2 cup) can tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup rice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 large zucchini, sliced but unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Add tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook until rice is tender.
- Add 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Cook zucchini in small amount of water until tender, about 7 miutes.
- Into a 2-quart baking dish layer 1/2 of meat mixture, then well drained zucchini, Monterey Jack cheese and remaining 1/2 of meat mixture, sour cream and top with 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven.