Recipe by Bergy
If you love basil you will love this tart. If you want it lower cal omit the pie crust but the crust does give a nice finish when serving. I often add some garlic too Great luncheon dish
- 1 medium zucchini, washed,unpeeled,thinly sliuced
- 1 lb tomatoes, washed,sliced
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil (save a few extra sprigs for garnish)
- 6 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 lb part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, for brushing the tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the zucchin& tomatoes on paper towels and salt to allow them to lose fluid (15 minutes) Meanwhile heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Puree the basil.
- Add riccotta& eggs, mix (don't puree).
- Add mozzarella mix until just combined.
- Line the pie crust with the drained zucchini slices.
- Spoon the basil mixture over Top with the tomatoe slices, brush tomatoes with oil.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, after 30 take out of the oven and sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese, return to oven and finish baking.
- Let stand 15 minutes, garnish with basil sprigs.