Recipe by Softcolours
Excelent for vegetarians!
Top Review by gemini08
I looooved this soup! It was velvety and delicious without the addition of cream or flour, keeping it low cal and healthy. I added one tablespoon of home - made basil pesto, which really brought the flavor over the top! This is my new go - to soup, thanks, softcolours, for sharing.
Made for the May 2012 Zucchini Tag Game/Spain and Portugal Forum.
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups vegetable soup, preferably homemade
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, sauté chopped onion in butter until soft and translucent. Add zucchini, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and purée right in the pot using an immersion blender. If you are using a tabletop blender, be sure to cool soup slightly before blending).