From Just Hungry - They adapted it from Bernard Clayton's New Complete Book of Breads,
Make and share this Zucchini Basil Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons finely julienned fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or similar hard grating) or 1⁄2 cup grana padano (or similar hard grating)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/425°F
- Grease muffin tins.
- Combine the eggs, milk and oil in a large bowl. Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in another bowl and add to the liquid mixture in batches, stirring to blend. Don't overblend!
- Add the zucchini and basil and stir to blend.
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 full. Sprinkle the top with the cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes for regular size muffins, 15-20 minutes for the mini muffins, until the tops are golden brown and puffy.
- Serve while still warm.