Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
a delicious easy meal
- 400 g small zucchini
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 150 g feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 2 eggs, seperated
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- vegetable oil
- Coarsley grate zucchini. Firmly squeeze zucchini to remove excess moisture. Place into a medium bowl.
- Add green onions, feta, basil and egg yolks. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Sift flour and baking powder together and stir into zucchini mixture.
- Whisk egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Using a metal spoon, gently fold egg whites into zucchini mixture.
- Heat 1/2cm oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium eat. Using approximately 2 heapedtablespoons mixture per fritter, spoon mixture intopan and cook, in batches, for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Drain fritters on paper towel and serve.