Recipe by breezermom
Yummy way to use up that over-abundance of zucchini from your garden. This makes about 2 dozen bars.
Top Review by Boomette
I made half the recipe in a 8x8 pan. Next time I'll reduce the sugar as the bars are a little bit too sweet. It's ok if there is not frosting on top. But since the frosting is sweet and is delicious, it makes it a bit too sweet for my taste. But it's still delicious. The bars are so moist. I had to cook it longer maybe 10 minutes more. Maybe because they were thicker than supposed because of my 8x8 pan. Thanks Lynette :) Made for Newest Zaar Tag
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 709.77 ml zucchini, coarsely shredded
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, sugar, and eggs in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and next 5 ingredients; stir well. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 inch jellyroll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once cool, spread cream cheese frosting evenly over the top; cut into bars.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, beating until the frosting is smooth. Spread on the cooled zucchini bars.