Yummy way to use up that over-abundance of zucchini from your garden. This makes about 2 dozen bars.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups zucchini, coarsely shredded
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Combine oil, sugar, and eggs in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and next 5 ingredients; stir well. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 inch jellyroll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once cool, spread cream cheese frosting evenly over the top; cut into bars.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, beating until the frosting is smooth. Spread on the cooled zucchini bars.