Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
another way to use your abundance of zucchini
Make and share this Zucchini Bars With Browned Butter Icing recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING
- 48 pecan halves, if desired
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 -10 tablespoons milk
- heat oven to 350*.
- grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan -- with crisco -- set aside.
- beat eggs, sugar and oil in large bowl, with mixer on medium speed --
- stir in flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- stir in zucchini and pecans and spread in pan.
- bake 30-40 minutes or toothpick test.
- cool completely on wire rack. about 1 hour --
- spread frosting on bars -- decorate with pecan halves if desired.
- to prepare BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING:.
- heat butter in 4 quart pan over medium heat till light golden brown --
- remove from heat and add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk till smooth and spreadable.