Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
another way to use your abundance of zucchini
Make and share this Zucchini Bars With Browned Butter Icing recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING
- 48 pecan halves, if desired
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 -10 tablespoons milk
- heat oven to 350*.
- grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan -- with crisco -- set aside.
- beat eggs, sugar and oil in large bowl, with mixer on medium speed --
- stir in flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- stir in zucchini and pecans and spread in pan.
- bake 30-40 minutes or toothpick test.
- cool completely on wire rack. about 1 hour --
- spread frosting on bars -- decorate with pecan halves if desired.
- to prepare BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING:.
- heat butter in 4 quart pan over medium heat till light golden brown --
- remove from heat and add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk till smooth and spreadable.