Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Family recipe from my Great Aunt Doris Rice. My family always requests it when Zucchini is in season and I make sure to freeze enough zucchini to make these throughout the winter too.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 11x15 inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Mix in the zucchini.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow bars to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, blend together the butter, cream cheese and confectioners sugar until well blended. Spread over cooled bars before cutting.