Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Family recipe from my Great Aunt Doris Rice. My family always requests it when Zucchini is in season and I make sure to freeze enough zucchini to make these throughout the winter too.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 11x15 inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Mix in the zucchini.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow bars to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, blend together the butter, cream cheese and confectioners sugar until well blended. Spread over cooled bars before cutting.