Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from a long time friend of my grandmothers. They use to work together in my grandparents restaurant. I've always liked fried zucchini and I wanted to try them in a different way. I wanted to post the recipe so I will have it for future use.
1/2 cup pie crusts mixture
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 8 cups zucchini
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- mix together like a pie crust the following; 5 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, ½ teaspoons salt and 3 sticks margarine.
- Then set this aside.
- For the Zucchini Filling:.
- Mix 8 cups of peeled and sliced zucchini and 2/3 cups of lemon juice together.
- Cook this together for a few minutes, and then add the following.
- 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoons cinnamon.
- the 1/2 cup pie crust mixture (above).
- Pat one half of the crust mixtures into a jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked filling into the baked crust.
- Add 1 teaspoons cinnamon to remaining crust mixture and sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Note Using whole wheat flour, this makes it.
- more crunchy and nutty, or you can use half white and half wheat flour if you desire.