Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This time of year it seems we all have extra-large zucchini, which makes great bread and stuff. Here is a recipe to help you that is yummy for bars. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups zucchini, Grated
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup oleo (not spread or tub product) or 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature (not spread or tub product)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease/flour a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Beat eggs; add sugar and oil.
- Add the zucchini and vanilla; stir to mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the egg mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done.
- While the bars are baking, whip the butter and cream cheese until light; add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Beat until fluffy, adding a *little* milk as needed if frosting is too thick.
- Spread frosting on top of the bars when they are cooled.
You wouldn't even know it is zucchini. Fooled my kids!
Love this recipe! This is the first thing that my kids tried with zucchini in it. They were hesitant at first but after that first bite, the rest was gone. Thanks for a great recipe!!
Added 1/2 tsp. allspice and substituted applesauce for 1/2 the oil. Turned out fantastic.