A baking classic from the Betty Crocker website. The addition of clove in the bar and the frosting makes these unique! Cook time does not include cooling.
- 158.51 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, softened
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 236.59 ml shredded zucchini, drained
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine, softened
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 14.78-19.71 ml milk
- For the bars:.
- Heat the oven to 350°F Grease bottom and sides of square pan, 9x9x2 or 8x8x2 inches.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Spread into pan.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Frost with Spice Frosting.
- For the frosting:.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
These bars were moist, delicious & easy to make. The only change I made was to add more cinnamon & cloves cuz I wanted it spicier. The glaze was tasty, with just the right amount of sweetness. Also, it got better the longer it sat, although by day 3 it was gone!
We really liked these, very yummy squares. I was out of cloves so I used cinnamon instead. Thanks for a tasty treat, CASunshine.