A baking classic from the Betty Crocker website. The addition of clove in the bar and the frosting makes these unique! Cook time does not include cooling.
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 -4 teaspoons milk
- For the bars:.
- Heat the oven to 350°F Grease bottom and sides of square pan, 9x9x2 or 8x8x2 inches.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Spread into pan.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Frost with Spice Frosting.
- For the frosting:.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth and spreadable.