1 hr 10 mins
Karen Shields's Note:
you won't believe it isn't apple filling! A great new way to use those giant zucchini in the garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook zucchini in lemon juice until tender, use often.
- 2Add 1 cup sugar, nutmeg and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and vanilla and let simmer for two minutes.
- 3While zucchini cooks, combine the flour, 2 cups sugar, salt and margarine in a large bowl and mix well.
- 4Add 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture to the zucchini to thicken, stir well, turn off the heat after thick.
- 5Pat 1/2 of the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- 6Bake at 375°Fs for 10 minutes.
- 7Spread zucchini evenly over the crust.
- 8Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon to the remaining crumb mixture and spread over the top of the zucchini.
- 9Bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes, until bubbling around the crust.
- 10Let cool before cutting into bars. Can be warmed up in microwave and top with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Bars
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 118.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g