Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a moist bread that could easily be frozen now and used later if desired.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup real pumpkin (canned)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Prepare bread pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- Put aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix flour,baking powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, salt, sugar, and evaporated milk together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix pumpkin, mashed banana, zucchini, butter, egg,vanilla extract and water, in a bowl.
- When incorporated add all at once to the flour mixture.
- (Mixture will be stiff).
- Pour into pan and top with mixture of brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Put in oven and cook for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from middle.
I found this loaf a little heavy, almost too moist and with quite a different taste. Too cinnomony for me but my DH liked it very much. I felt the cinnomon taste obliterated the pumpkin/banana and zucchini, even the large amount of vanilla extract did not come through. Another time I would leave the topping off, perhaps that is what made the cinnomon so overwhelming.In any case DH will enjoy it and that is important!
The mixture never thickened up before put in the bread pan. The problem may be the recipe calls for baking powder when most recipes of this type should be baking SODA. I baked mine for an hour and a half, and it stayed the same consistency as the batter.
Not one of the best recipes i have made. I think that the pumpkin and bananas was just too much.