Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A slight variation of the recipes found here. I use whole wheat flour and oats to help up the fibre content and reduce the carb impact. Using Splenda also helps for those watching their carbs or are diabetic.
- 709.77 ml whole wheat flour
- 473.18 ml quick-cooking rolled oats
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 236.59 ml oil
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 3 eggs (I use large eggs, may need 4 eggs if you have small size)
- 709.77 ml grated zucchini
- 2-3 large bananas, mashed
- 118.29-177.44 ml raisins (optional) or 118.29-177.44 ml nuts (optional) or 118.29-177.44 ml chocolate chips, are (optional)
- Beat sugar and oil.
- Add eggs and sour cream, mix until creamy.
- Add bananas and zucchini, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda.
- Slowly add flour, oats and nuts (if using).
- Put into a well greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 - 45 minutes. Will make 3 or 4 pans depending on size.
- I have made this using mini loaf pans and shortened the baking time to 25 - 30 minute Check for doneness after 25 minute.
Great recipe! I did do a few mods thou. I only had regular oats instead of the quick oats and accidentally used 3 cups instead of 2. I used alittle less flour to try and make it up. I also subed a 1/2 of applesauce for half the oil. It came out pretty good and sweet enough for me. I used 2 large loaf pans and let it go for about 55 minutes. It is a bit crumblie but I'm not making sandwiches with it so I dont care if it is. Hope you enjoy!
This has a nice flavor and I like the chewiness the oatmeal gives it, but it doesn't get very high, and as previous reviewer said, is a bit crumbly. Not too sweet, which I also like. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.
I used yoghurt instead of sour cream and as I did not have any brown sugar Splenda, used half white Spenda and half brown sugar! My bananas were small so I used 4 and I forgot the raisins!!! I also used 2 large loaf pans 2/3 full and had a near disaster when turning one loaf out as it was not cooked! The bread tastes great even though it is a little stodgy as well as having a tendency to fall apart! All in all a repeater maybe following the recipe more closely and using the correct pans!