1/2 Photos of Zucchini Banana Oat Bread (Low(Er) Carb)
White House Recipes's Note:
A slight variation of the recipes found here. I use whole wheat flour and oats to help up the fibre content and reduce the carb impact. Using Splenda also helps for those watching their carbs or are diabetic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs (I use large eggs, may need 4 eggs if you have small size)
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 2 -3 large bananas, mashed
- 1/2-3/4 cup raisins (optional) or 1/2-3/4 cup nuts (optional) or 1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips, are (optional)
- 1Beat sugar and oil.
- 2Add eggs and sour cream, mix until creamy.
- 3Add bananas and zucchini, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda.
- 4Slowly add flour, oats and nuts (if using).
- 5Put into a well greased and floured loaf pan.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 - 45 minutes. Will make 3 or 4 pans depending on size.
- 7I have made this using mini loaf pans and shortened the baking time to 25 - 30 minute Check for doneness after 25 minute.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Banana Oat Bread (Low(Er) Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (1898 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1698.4
- Calories from Fat 829
- Total Fat 92.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 205.9 mg
- Sodium 1979.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 197.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.8 g
- Sugars 38.8 g
- Protein 32.5 g