Recipe by Aroostook
Another way to use up all that extra zucchini!! =) Cream of coconut makes this bread a bit different. Found this recipe in a local church cookbook.
Top Review by mary winecoff
Very dense bread. I cooked it for more than it said but it still felt very sticky. My boys did not like this at all but I took it to work and the guys at work ate it all up.
- 3 very ripe bananas (or mash peeled yellow bananas on a plate and let set for a couple of hours at room temp to soften an)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups chipped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease two loaf pans.
- Mash banana with brown sugar in a bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Set aside.
- Add beaten eggs to banana mixture and stir.
- Beat in oil, vanilla, cream of coconut.
- Mix well.
- Slowly stir in flour mixture.
- Fold in zucchini and nuts.
- Turn into loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and turn out unto racks.