Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
An interesting combination of ingredients makes this bread great for using up some of the leftover banana and zucchini in your fridge.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease and flour 2 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Whisk the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Beat the bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla together in a separate large bowl.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture.
- Fold the zucchini, walnuts, and coconut into the batter until evenly combined.
- Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 25 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Oh My !!!! This was such a wonderful loaf. So moist and flavorful. The blend of zucchini and bananas goes so wonderful together. I thought I would try this recipe instead of my own just for a change and I am so glad I did. I followed the recipe almost exactly, I didn't quite have the right amount of zucchini so I had added in some Craisins to equal the amount of what was missing along with a little extra because I don't really like coconut. I did find I had to cook it an extra 12 minutes though but that is nothing major...But thanks so much for sharing your recipe A,S,& E's Mom. I just loved it because it wasn't overly sweet and went so nice in the morning with my cup of tea. Yummy stuff !!!