Linda's Kitch's Note:
This recipe came from my neighbor. The secret to this moist bread is to allow the banana peels to turn completely black. Tip: To ripen bananas quickly, place them in a brown paper grocery sack, then close the bag and wait for peels to blacken. .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas (After peels have turned completely black, peel fruit, then mash with a fork)
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups zucchini, unpeeled and coarsely grated
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Grease with vegetable shortening, the bottom and sides of two loaf pans (8 1/2 inches by 4 3/4 inches by 2 3/4-inches each). Lightly flour each pan, tapping out any excess flour.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, with an electric mixer on low speed, beat the eggs until foamy, gradually adding the sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. By hand, stir in the mashed bananas and mix until well combined; set aside.
- 4In another medium mixing bowl, thoroughly combine with a wire whisk, the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- 5Add the flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time to the banana mixture, mixing (by hand) after each flour addition just until incorporated.
- 6Stir in the grated zucchini and walnuts.
- 7Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared loaf pans.
- 8Bake in at 350 degrees for at least 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Allow bread to cool in the loaf pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing loaves.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1799 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3061.5
- Calories from Fat 1412
- Total Fat 156.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 279.0 mg
- Sodium 1962.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 387.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 221.9 g
- Protein 40.7 g