Recipe by katemonster8
what to do when you have zucchini being dumped on your porch in the dead of night by people trying to get rid of it? you make a bread with it!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 large banana, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees, then shred zucchini and mash banana. set aside.
- in a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar, and applesauce.
- add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and mix.
- add zucchini and banana and mix until totally combined.
- pour batter into two greased and floured loaf pans. bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing completely to a wire rack.