Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
what to do when you have zucchini being dumped on your porch in the dead of night by people trying to get rid of it? you make a bread with it!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 large banana, mashed
- preheat oven to 350 degrees, then shred zucchini and mash banana. set aside.
- in a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar, and applesauce.
- add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and mix.
- add zucchini and banana and mix until totally combined.
- pour batter into two greased and floured loaf pans. bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing completely to a wire rack.