Prep 35 mins
Cook 41 mins
Candied Zucchini Fruit
- Use as much as you want to work with-- as long as it measures out in even 1 cup measures.
- (I use about 6 inch long zucchini and about 3 inches around).
- Peel and seed zucchini.
- Cut into 1/2-inch wedges or cubes.
- Cover with water and 1 cup vinegar.
- Let stand overnight.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Pack in 1-cup measure-using 3/4 cup sugar to each cup of fruit.
- Add 3 tablespoons lemon juice per cup of fruit.
- Now, Cook in a pot that you can leave this fruit in for the necessary time.
- Boil 20 minutes, then leave stand on counter, uncovered.
- Boil 7 minutes each day for 3 days.
- Now divide into 3 batches.
- Add red, yellow and green food coloring (1 for each batch) and almond flavouring to taste.
- Mix each batch well.
- Let stand several hours before packing into containers.
- May be frozen but will keep fine in the refrigerator.
- Use in place of candied baking fruit.