Recipe by breezermom
Yummy zucchini casserole with no "cream of anything" soups. Found this in a newspaper clipping, originally credited to Phyllis Ambrose.
- 6 small zucchini, cut iinto 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the zucchini in a small amount of boiling water in a large saucepan for 6 minutes or until tender; drain well. Place the zucchini in a 1 1/2 quart greased casserole; set aside.
- Combine the cheddar cheese, sour cream, butter, and salt in a small saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until the cheese melts, stirring constantly. Pour the cheese sauce over the reserved zucchini.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.