Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 hr
From H-I-Tech Jewish Cooking. This is posted with 3 different methods and it's just called "Zucchini" in the book. I will also include the 3 different methods here. The microwave takes from 18 minutes while the crock pot is between 2-3 hours so for time I will put the oven method of about 1 hour.
- 3 lbs zucchini, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- To bake in the oven, combine all ingredients in a covered casserole and bake at 350 degrees F. or 180 degrees Celsius and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- To cook in the microwave, place zucchini in a large glass casserole (microwave safe) and dot with the margarine.
- Combine the garlic salt, spices and Worcestershire sauce and sprinkle over the zucchini then cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 18-20 minutes or until tender.
- When done, sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- For the crock pot, place the zucchini in the bottom of the crock pot and then add the remaining ingredients, cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours until tender.