Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very nice side dish--also without the feta.
- 5 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried mint
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin rings
- 4 -6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic, oil, green onions, sugar, mint and oregano in a mixing bowl.
- Arrange a layer of zucchini slices on the bottom of the baking dish, followed with a layer of the tomato mixture and then the onions.
- Repeat until all the vegetables are used.
- Then sprinkle on the feta; top that with the breadcrumbs and dot with small pieces of butter.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
Used fresh herbs, tomatoes and zucchini from the garden with lots of feta. Truly enjoyed and will make again. A great side dish that I served with BBQ chicken wings and potatoes. Will definitely make again. Made in memory of Pets R'us. Thanks for giving us so many wonderful recipes to remember you by.
Very nice. I cut it down a bit as there's only two of us...I wish I hadn't as we ate it all and there were no leftovers! :( Used fresh mint in place of dried. Thanks for sharing!
A wonderful way to prepare zucchini! I halved the recipe and baked it in an 8x8 dish, which worked fine. The only change I made was to use reduced fat feta and to add a bit of sea salt and freshly ground pepper to the tomato mixture. The fresh garden colors combine to make this a beautiful (and tasty!) dish. I wish I could tell you how this reheated, but dh snatched the leftovers before I could, lol. Thanks for posting!