Recipe by Pets'R'us
A very nice side dish--also without the feta.
Top Review by Tiggrr
Used fresh herbs, tomatoes and zucchini from the garden with lots of feta. Truly enjoyed and will make again. A great side dish that I served with BBQ chicken wings and potatoes. Will definitely make again. Made in memory of Pets R'us. Thanks for giving us so many wonderful recipes to remember you by.
- 5 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried mint
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin rings
- 4 -6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic, oil, green onions, sugar, mint and oregano in a mixing bowl.
- Arrange a layer of zucchini slices on the bottom of the baking dish, followed with a layer of the tomato mixture and then the onions.
- Repeat until all the vegetables are used.
- Then sprinkle on the feta; top that with the breadcrumbs and dot with small pieces of butter.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.