Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My MIL sent me this recipe because she knows I have a ton of zucchini coming from my garden.
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Layer the zucchini, mushrooms, and onions in a lightly greased 1 to 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper, cheese, and basil.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
Too easy and too good. Love that it has only a few, fresh ingredients. I get tired of everything having a can of condensed soup in it! I served with a dollop of sour cream on each serving. Yum!
Your MIL did you a favour sending you this recipe NurseDi!! I though the onion would be undercooked somewhat and it was!! But that helped make the dish fantastic. All the veggies were firm and flavourful. Not mushy and soggy!! So bring on the Zucchini. . . I know what to do with them!!
This is great! I zipped it up a little with garlic salt but will try Carole's whole garlic next time. I like that the veggies stay crisp.