Recipe by Recipe Baroness
The only way I could get men around here to eat Zucchini. It so good they even ask for it now! this is a great vegetable dish that will have you begging for another slice. We love it! I was told it was originally a "Pampered Chef" recipe!
- 3 -4 zucchini, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup real butter
- 2 (10 ounce) canspillsbury crescent roll dough
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- in large skillet melt the butter and fry the onions and zucchini, adding the garlic, oregano and Basil, until they are lightly browned and onions have lost their color and become clear.
- In a large bowl mix the cheeses and eggs add salt and pepper to taste.
- set aside.
- In a 9 x 11 casserole dish press the crescent roll dough into the bottom of the dish making a pastry shell for the zucchini and cheese mixtures.
- When zucchini is done, pour into the waiting cheese and egg mixture and mix together.
- Then pour into the casserole dish.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Enjoy!
- Note: I'm not real sure about the measurements for the oregano and the basil, as I just dump until it looks good to me.