Recipe by 1hotpotato
I am a big fan of soups. Here is another one with Zucchini that I got from my FIL's girlfriend. Please, feel free to adjust to your personal tastes.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
The final zucchinis of the summer got used in this total comfort soup. I followed this recipe exactly, and it was perfect the way it is written. I chose to use 1/2 of the bacon in processing the zucchini and other ingredients, and saved the rest for a garnish on top of the soup when finished cooking. Quick and easy, this is a delight of wondrous summer vegetables and great taste. This will be made time and time again. Thanks, 1hotpotato! Made for *PAC 07*
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 medium zucchini
- 14 1⁄2 ounces beef consomme
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 chopped onion, medium
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and chop bacon.
- Lightly brown onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon of bacon fat.
- Then add remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender (about 15 min).
- Put 2 cups at a time of this mixture in a blender.
- NOTE: Bacon can be pureed with rest of ingredients or crumbled over top when served.
- Blend at high speed until pureed (Looks like somewhat like split pea soup).
- Reheat and serve with optional cheese, parsley, chives on top.