Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I am a big fan of soups. Here is another one with Zucchini that I got from my FIL's girlfriend. Please, feel free to adjust to your personal tastes.
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 medium zucchini
- 14 1⁄2 ounces beef consomme
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 chopped onion, medium
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown and chop bacon.
- Lightly brown onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon of bacon fat.
- Then add remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender (about 15 min).
- Put 2 cups at a time of this mixture in a blender.
- NOTE: Bacon can be pureed with rest of ingredients or crumbled over top when served.
- Blend at high speed until pureed (Looks like somewhat like split pea soup).
- Reheat and serve with optional cheese, parsley, chives on top.
The final zucchinis of the summer got used in this total comfort soup. I followed this recipe exactly, and it was perfect the way it is written. I chose to use 1/2 of the bacon in processing the zucchini and other ingredients, and saved the rest for a garnish on top of the soup when finished cooking. Quick and easy, this is a delight of wondrous summer vegetables and great taste. This will be made time and time again. Thanks, 1hotpotato! Made for *PAC 07*